The Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum is pleased to officially announce our 12th annual Spirit of Competition award winner.
The Spirit of Competition represents the most prestigious award conferred by the Foundation. Each year a distinguished figure from motorsports who has a specific inspirational message is selected.
On Monday, December 2nd we will present our 12th Spirit of Competition award to:
Emerson Fittipaldi is one of the most accomplished drivers in motorsports and represents all the best qualities we look for when selecting our Spirit of Competition awardees. A small sampling of his racing legacy includes.
- TWO-TIME FORMULA 1 CHAMPION (1972 & 1974)
- YOUNGEST F1 CHAMPION IN FORMULA 1 (1972)
- YOUNGEST F1 CHAMPION AND MANUFACTURER CUP CHAMPION (1972)
- TWO-TIME INDIANAPOLIS 500 WINNER (1989 & 1993)
- INDY CAR SERIES CHAMPION (1989) (CART)
- THE ONLY PERSON TO HAVE WON BOTH F1 CHAMPIONSHIP AND INDY 500 MORE THAN ONCE (1972 & 1974 / 1989 & 1993 AND CART CHAMPIONSHIP)
The Spirit of Competition Award will take place on the evening of Monday, December 2nd. More details will follow soon. Automotive impresario, founder, and director of the Amelia Island Concours, Bill Warner will act as MC. Please watch this space for ticket and program announcements.
Please join us in welcoming Mr. Emerson Fittipaldi to our family and to the esteemed list of men and women that make up our Spirit of Competition awardees.