- This event has passed.
Salon – American Playboy Demo Day
February 12 @ 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
Almost immediately after the invention of the automobile, car manufacturers and designers began exhibiting their innovations. They eagerly sought an opportunity to showcase their inventions at events and reveal to a fascinated public how valuable autos were as a method of transportation. These rallies proved to be an effective way for firms to share their latest advances in automobiles with customers.
Salon – American Playboy examines the history and unique place that the ubiquitous Car Show held in the early days of motoring, before the advent of modern advertising, focus groups, and product testing.
Featured demo day cars will include.
* 1926 Kissel 8-75 Speedster
* 1929 duPont 2-Passenger Speedster
* 1935 Auburn 851 Speedster
* 1953 Studebaker Commander
* This event will be preceded by a special presentation on The History of British Racing Green, taking place at 11:15 am and is included with any museum admission.