- This event has passed.
Le Mans Prototype – Winning the Race by Playing the Rules
March 12 @ 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
* This Demo Day is being held in place of our previously scheduled Car Detective Demo Day, which will be rescheduled at a later date.
Winning at Le Mans take a lot more than having the fastest car on the track. Planning, strategy, and sometimes trickery can mean all the difference between going home as a winner, or a loser. Join us as we take a deeper look at the surprising history of the Le Mans class system and explore how the introduction of prototype cars would change the game forever.
Featuring the following Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum collection automobiles:
* 1963 Ferrari 250P
* 1966 Ford GT40 MKII
* 1970 Porsche 917LH
Demo Day events typically adhere to the following schedule
- 10:00 – Doors open
- 11:15 to 11:45 – Scrutineering technical learning session
- 12:00 to 12:30 – Demo Day discussion, Q and A with Dr. Simeone
- 12:30 to 1:00 – Driving demonstration with featured automobiles
- 1:00 to 2:00 – Visitors are able to inspect and photograph Demo Day cars up close, while engaging with Simeone Museum staff and volunteers