- This event has passed.
Developing the American Sports Car Demo Day
March 26 @ 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Throughout the early 1900’s, leading car manufacturers across Europe competed against one another to provide their customers with the fastest and most maneuverable vehicles. To a majority of the racing world, the Americans were absent. Even to this day, many enthusiasts still refer to the Corvette as America’s first Sports Car. However, despite being small in number, there were American manufacturers that sought glory through winning in the early days of the automobile. And this is their story.
Featuring the following Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum collection automobiles:
* 1909 American Underslung
* 1911/13 Mercer Raceabout 35J
* 1927 Stutz AA Black Hawk
* 1966 Corvette 427 Stingray
Demo Day events typically adhere to the following schedule
- 10:00 – Doors open
- 11:15 to 11:45 – Scrutineering technical learning session
- 12:00 to 12:30 – Demo Day discussion, Q and A with Dr. Simeone
- 12:30 to 1:00 – Driving demonstration with featured automobiles
- 1:00 to 2:00 – Visitors are able to inspect and photograph Demo Day cars up close, while engaging with Simeone Museum staff and volunteers